Thursday, August 2, 2007

If this mommy can cook, so can you!

Well, why I started this blog is based on my enthusiasm in my newly found Passion in cooking. Looking back, I would never thought that I would enjoy cooking so much so that my mind is just buzzing with cooking ideas the minute I woke up in the morning.

Although my cooking is still way below the standard of most mommies out there, but I'm proud to say that I have come along way. Growing up with maids and an out of bound kitchen, I never had to cook a single dish until I had to fend myself when I went to further my study in Australia. My flatmate was kind enough to allow me to learn how to cook the basic....plain white rice which ended up burnt, and later on when I had a boyfriend (now my hubby) who had to swallow my over soggy and colourless misoa with a chunky drumstick and claimed it was great (well..yeah right...that's the beauty of courtship..).

Yup...I am now the main meal provider in my little house and responsible to feed 4 hungry mouths for breakfast, lunch and dinner and occasional supper :-). As time an essence and with my 1+ year old girl always hang around my legs when I am in the kitchen, I employ the simple formula for my daily cooking routine :

1. Soup
2. Veggie dish
3. Meat dish

So, if you are stumped with your cooking routine, I hope that we are able to exchange ideas and make our cooking life easier.

and Yes,....I'm an amateur...and my dishes are so simples that you could do it too!

No comments: