Friday, October 12, 2007

Surf and Turt Anyone?


Once in a while, I like to indulge myself and my hubby over a western dinner since it is much more enjoyable to eat at home rather than in the restaurant where we tend to fuss around the kids and trying so hard to make them sit down so we could sink our knife into our steak. I always excited over the planning on the ingredients and side dishes to accompany our steak although the steak and mashed potatoes are never changed.


So, today I decided to serve the surf and turf style by using the tiger prawn that I bought at the market...8 pieces of big prawn at only $2.50.. geess..just imagine those margin that the restaurant make!


Surf & Turf


Steak

Piece of tenderloin/sirloin

marinate in kecap manis (or sweet soya sauce)

pour over red wine/tiger beer

spirnkler with black pepper

Marinate at least 1/2 day
Use the marinate and use it as gravy by frying some onion, and season with salt, pepper & thicken with corn flour.


Mashed Potatoes

boil the potato

milk

salt

pepper

cheese

Fry garlic in butter


Fry Prawn

Medium Prawn, minus the head and split the back.

Marinate in Garlic, Lime juice, salt & pepper

Fry in olive oil + butter.


Salad

Just do whatever you want for that.

I had no time so just use those frozen veggies.


Well what can I say, at $5/portion...it's definitely a good deal and not to mention.. we don't have to worry about the kids. Just open the bottle of wine and enjoy!

No comments: